A) The benefits of the online process to applicants, hiring departments and the agency far outweigh the advantages of staying with our manual application process.
- The online system provides more information to applicants, including:
- The status of the position(s) for which you have applied,
- Daily updates to job postings, and
- The ability to update your application online.
- The system can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any Internet connection.
- Applicants can track their progress in the hiring process.
- The online process reduces the process time from when a job is listed to when applications are received thus reducing the time it takes to fill a position.
- It also reduces the redundant work of processing, printing, copying and distributing paper applications/resumes.
- It provides more consistent applicant tracking information and the ability to search and utilize applications on fille.
A) Applications are required of each person applying for a position. System required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). However, we require a thoroughly completed application, including employment and salary history, to effectively evaluate your skills, abilities and qualifications. Completing an online application ensures your qualifications and personal information will be documented and ensures accurate applicant tracking information for every position.
A) Applications are required of each person applying for a position. It is likely that you may have acquired additional skills, experience and education since you originally applied that should be considered. In addition, completing an online application ensures your qualifications and personal information will be documented and ensures accurate applicant tracking information for every position.
A) There are a number of ways you can still get access to the VirginiaJobs site:
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) - The VEC provides employment assistance, access to thousands of job listings, and resources available at your local VEC office to help with your job search.
- Virginia Public Libraries – most public libraries offer Internet access to patrons.
A) Contact the local VDH office where you want to apply, or the VDH Office of Human Resources at 804-864-7100.
A) Now that we have transitioned to the online system, all applications should be completed using the online VirginiaJobs site. Paper applications and resumes will not be accepted by fax, e-mail or postal mail.
A) You can login using your user name and password. Looking at the left side menu bar, click on “Application Status.” You will see status notes next to each position for which you applied.
A) Be sure you are using either Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, or Netscape 4.79 or higher. In the event of an approaching deadline, computers are available at Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) Field Offices, most Virginia Public Libraries, or commercial copy centers.