What are the Technical Requirements for using VIIS?
- Reliable Internet access
- Preferably a dedicated connection
- A modem will work, but more slowly
- Pentium 100 MHz computer (500 MHz or higher recommended).
- 32 MB RAM (64 MB or higher recommended).
- 500 MB free disk space.
- Screen display set at a minimum of 800 x 600 resolution and 256 colors.
- Internet Browser software:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer, version 5.0 or higher, is strongly recommended.
- Internet Explorer version 4.0 will work, provided it is equipped with all security upgrades.
- Netscape® version 4.7x is compatible for use with VIIS
- Windows® 95 and all subsequent Windows® versions.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader® version 9.0 or higher.
- For networked computers, port 443 of the network firewall must be open for outgoing HTTPS (secure HTTP). To verify, try typing the VIIS Web address on your Internet browser: https://viis.vdh.virginia.gov. If unable to access the site, contact your network administrator.