The Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS) is a free statewide registry system which combines immunization histories for persons of all ages from both the public and the private sector. Immunization information is accessible to authorized users only. VIIS provides many benefits such as:
- Consolidates vaccination records from multiple providers into one record.
- Provides updated recommendations for immunization scheduling based on the CDC recommendations.
- Produces an official immunization record for patients that also serves as part of the school entry form (MCH-213 form).
- Generates reminder notices for children who are due for vaccines.
- Serves as a great tool for Virginia Vaccines for Children (VVFC) providers.