Obtaining Medications Through VA ADAP
- Prescriptions for refills must be presented to the ADAP staff at the local health department, except for clients obtaining medications through
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System. Medications cannot be dispensed to pending applicants. Central Pharmacy must have an approved application on file to dispense medications.
- Additional information about ADAP or the phone number to the local health departments can be obtained by calling the ADAP Hotline at 1-855-362-0658.
Medication Exception Procedure
- Provider obtains an ADAP Medication Exception Form online or by calling the VDH ADAP Office at (855) 362-0658, or the local health department ADAP Coordinator.
- Provider faxes the completed Exception Form to the VDH ADAP Office at (804) 864-8050.
- VDH ADAP Coordinator notifies the medical provider and local health department the status of the exception request by fax.
- The provider is responsible for instructing patient on medication administration and maintaining appropriate follow-up.
Information on the Pharmaceutical Manufacturer’s Association Indigent Patient Program through is available at (800) PMA-INFO.
Information about clinical trials is available at (800) TRIALSA or log on to one of websites below:
Information about approved treatments is available by calling (800) HIV-0440.
Questions or comments?
Medication Eligibility Hotline 1-855-362-0658