- Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project, Inc. (Southeast RCAP) helps small rural towns and communities needing aid in upgrading their water and wastewater systems. We also provide training and technical assistance to rural residents for operation and maintenance of those systems, for capacity building and for economic development in their communities.
- Funding is made available to low-income individuals and communities in the form of grants and loans in order to rehabilitate housing, build water and wastewater infrastructure, assist in small business development, and to finance development projects of small rural governments.
- Virginia Household Water Quality Program
- The Virginia Household Water Quality Program provides practical information to homeowners about maintaining and protecting private water systems such as wells, spring and cisterns.
- Water Systems Council Hotline
- Water Systems Council (WSC) is the only national, nonprofit organization solely focused on household wells and small water well systems. WSC is committed to ensuring that Americans who get their water from household, private wells have safe, affordable drinking water and to protecting groundwater resources.
- SAIF Water Wells, Inc.
- To help Virginians with rural water problems attain accepted health standards by:
- Assisting low income families, without potable water, to acquire safer drinking water wells and/or water treatment equipment
- Helping private well owners bring their drinking water up to National Drinking Water Standards
- Seeking solutions to private well water problems through research and advocacy
- Providing technical assistance on water wells and future water supply needs
- Educating our community regarding local water problems that can impact their health
- Sharing our experience and exploring the world-wide base of knowledge regarding drinking water
- Rural Community Assistance Partnership
- RCAP operates as a national service delivery network of six regional partners and a national office in Washington, D.C. Every year, more than 200 RCAP specialists provide technical assistance, training, and financial resources to more than 2,000 small rural communities in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Wellowner.org is your one-stop resource for information relating to private water well systems and ground water. Throughout, the importance of regular well maintenance and water testing is demonstrated again and again. After all, your water well system is a direct link to an underground water reserve and the responsibility is yours to protect this valuable natural resource, as well as safeguarding your family's health. The investment in proper testing and maintenance is more than worth it!
Lance Gregory - 804-864-7491
Office of Environmental Health Services
109 Governor St., 5th Floor, Richmond, VA 23219
Fax: (804) 864-7476